|Volume Discount Pricing|
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Mintage of only 100 worldwide.
- Coins will be in protective capsules.
- Obverse: The likeness of Queen Elizabeth II along with the national symbol of Tokelau, Tuluma. Tuluma is a wooden tackle box used by the fishermen of Tokelau, inscribed with “Tokelau mot e Atua,” meaning “Tokelau for God,” referencing the impact of Christianity in Tokelau.
- Reverse: Features a lionfish, a fish with tentacles above its eyes and below its mouth with fan-like pectoral fins and long spines, and graphics in the background to represent the water of the ocean.
- Sovereign coin backed by the government of Tokelau.
Protect your 1 oz Gold Lionfish, along with any other Gold coins and collections, by adding a home safe or lockbox to your order.
The lionfish is only the third design to be offered in Gold. Add this 2022 1 oz Gold Tokelau Fish Series: Lionfish coin to your cart today!2022 Tokelau Fish Series: 1 oz Gold Lionfish
The Tokelau Fish Series began in 2014, quickly gaining popularity and recognition. In 2020, the program updated to include limited mintages and updated modern artwork and became a series exclusive to APMEX. The reverse design changes annually to feature a variety of species of fish, making this series even more popular and collectible. Along with the new designs, the program has now created Gold coins for the previous three releases, providing collectors with more options than ever before!
The country of issue, Tokelau, is comprised of three small coral atolls located in the South Pacific Ocean. Schools of fish are attracted to these isolated islands, including many different species like ruby snapper, yellowfin tuna, dolphinfish and sharks. In 2011, Tokelau declared 123,178 square miles to become a shark sanctuary. This sanctuary prohibits commercial fishing of all sharks and reduces shark mortality in its waters while causing an increase on all species of fish because they feel safer there due to the sanctuary status.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.