Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The combined art is a nod to our maritime history—it shifts the focus to Bluenose’s legacy as a working fishing vessel, and it shines a silvery spotlight on the dorymen who were the backbone of the North Atlantic fishery. This 5 oz coin marks the start of a new series that zooms in on our circulation coin designs and zooms out to reveal a bigger story. Like a coin within a coin, the original concept has been incorporated into a larger scene that fills its 65.25 mm fine Silver canvas. And all that extra space allows a new artist to expand the storytelling through visual elements that add new dimension to a decades-old design.
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 1,300 coins.
- Encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Obverse: Features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Your coin’s reverse features Emanuel Hahn’s 10-cent circulation coin design with a new, expanded scene by Canadian marine artist Yves Bérubé. On the Grand Banks, off the coast of Newfoundland, two fishermen toil at the oars of a wooden dory, while their bait attracts seabirds. Canada’s most famous ship, Bluenose, can be seen in the distance, where the waves from the original coin design extend outward to form a unified horizon.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your Silver in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding these silica gel packets to your order.
This is an exciting collecting opportunity for those who love Canada’s circulation coins! But hurry – mintage is limited to just 1,300 coins worldwide. Add this 2022 Canada 5 oz The Bigger Picture Bluenose coin to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.