- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- The coin is housed in a classic display case with a clear lid. Packaged with an illustrated shipper, each coin is accompanied by a numbered certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts the Jody Clark effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: The coin's reverse features a blue lepidolite insert in the shape of the Australian continent. It is encircled with representations of an Australian wedge-tailed eagle, a kookaburra, a splendid fairy wren, a blue banded bee, a birdwing butterfly, a sugar glider, a sulphur-crested cockatoo and a willie wagtail. The background is composed of native flora motifs. Included on the reverse is the coin’s weight, purity and year-date together with The Perth Mint’s "P" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Handle your Silver blue lepidolite coin with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
The unique use of Australian blue lepidolite in this Silver coin design is sure to appeal to collectors around the world. Add this beautiful Blue Lepidolite Great Southern Land coin to your cart today!
Since antiquity, European philosophers speculated that a large continent existed in the Southern Hemisphere to "balance" those of the north. Terra Australis was the Latin term they coined to describe the posited great south land which different navigators explored in parts until Royal Navy cartographer Matthew Flinders completed the first circumnavigation of the island-continent now known as Australia in 1803.
Europeans were astonished by the exotic wildlife they encountered. Familiar to First Nations people for at least 60,000 years, they included the isolated continent’s famous pouched marsupials and an extraordinary diversity of fascinating birds and insects. Today, Australia supports about 850 bird species, of which roughly 45% are found nowhere else on Earth, while it is estimated that there are hundreds of thousands of insects – with many still waiting to be formally identified.
Perth Mint Commemorative Coins
APMEX carries many stunning Silver commemorative coins from The Perth Mint with exciting themes and unique finishes. Experience the animals of The Outback with the Deadly & Dangerous Series or travel back in time to your favorite Western with classic John Wayne coins. Our assortment contains a range in sizes from 1/2 gram to 5 oz coins, making these Australian commemorative coins attainable for collectors of all budgets.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.