Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Each coin contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver with 24ct gold-plating.
- Limited mintage of 500 coins worldwide.
- New design of the re-imagined lucky angel by Chiara Principe.
- Individual coins come in a presentation case.
- Obverse: Likeness of Queen Elizabeth II, the denomination, Silver weight and purity.
- Reverse: Features a design of an angel standing atop the world with a laurel wreath and staff in her hands. The word 'angel' is just above her with a bee on either side to create the connection back to Napoleon.
Protect your Silver coin in style by adding a pack of cotton gloves to your order.
This 1 oz Silver coin features an angel design re-imagined as the saving grace, a symbol of luck, and a mis-placed charm. Add the 2023 St. Helena 1 oz Silver Lucky Angel Proof (Gilded) coin to your cart today!
The Lucky Angel
In 1972, King Louis XVI commissioned Augustine Dupre for a new French coinage design, to which he presented an angel on a pedestal. While the design was popular, Augustine was not, and fell under suspicion for harboring revolutionary ideas and was sentenced to execution. However, Augustine escaped the guillotine, by supposedly bribing the guards with one of his angel coins. The story began to take shape and the Angel Coin quickly gained the reputation as a 'lucky' coin. Navy Captains in the 19th Century wouldn't leave port without their Angel coins along side them, and Napoleon himself is believed to have carried one everywhere.
The East India Company
The historic East India Company is one of the most well-known companies historically, increasing trade among Europe and Asia. Many commodities were traded through the East India Company, including silk, spices, tea and cotton. The historic East India company disbanded in the 1800s, however the name was revitalized for The East India Company London, bringing a re-imagined company that sells fine teas and food, and produces collectible coins such as this Silver Proof coin.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.