|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible|
|1 - 19||$38.86||$39.26||$40.48|
|20 - 99||$37.86||$38.25||$39.44|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
This release features Lady Germania and Lady Galia standing side by side, symbolizing victory over occupying forces.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 25,000 rounds worldwide.
- Sixth and final release of the Germania Mint Allegories round series.
- Rounds will be in Brilliant Uncirculated condition and delivered in protective capsules along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Depicts the beautiful and powerful female personifications of Germania and Galia standing next to each other with swords sheathed and the debris of a conquered Roman Empire laying at their feet. Lady Galia is clad with a Roman breastplate and sandals showing the mixing of cultures. Lady Germania's head is decorated by an oak branch, a tree that has been near to her since the series began. Encircling the image is the words, "ALLEGORIES - 1 oz 999.9 FINE SILVER."
- Reverse: Features a crowned shield within wreath of oak leaves and "GERMANIA - 2023 - 5 MARK."
- Not legal tender.
Protect your Silver in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding these silica gel packets to your order.
Add this beautiful and low mintage 1 oz Silver round to your cart today!
The Germania Mint features various historically important elements in the Allegories bullion round series' reverse.
The crowned shield on the reverse bears many traditional meanings, precisely defined by heraldry:
- Top left corner of the crest features the Germania Mint's bicephalous eagle - a Roman mythology symbol associated with Janus, the god of all origins, guardian of doors, gates, passages and bridges, the patron of contracts and alliances. Heads facing the opposite direction symbolize the past and the future.
- Right upper corner: Decorated with a check pattern that refers to wisdom and prudence.
- Left bottom corner: Features three flowers on a ribbon. They hide three values determining a strong and independent nation - unity, integrity and freedom.
- Right bottom corner: Depicts a wild boar, a very popular and well-respected animal in the Roman Empire, symbolizing might and power. At least three famous Roman legions are known to have had a boar as their emblem: Legio I Italica, Legio X Fretensis and Legio XX Valeria Victrix.
The first feminine personifications of Western nations were usually majestic manifestations of values considered to characterize the people of given countries or regions. Many of these visualizations were derived from the image of Athena and took the Latin names of the ancient Roman provinces, such as Germania, Polonia, Britannia and Italia.
It is intriguing that the manifestation of nations has typically been feminine, because for hundreds of years, women have been cast as the weaker sex that should submit to men. Why are national impersonations women then? There is no unambiguous answer to these questions. It is assumed, however, that people have always identified their homeland with their mother – the first source of food, care and love. Probably that is why terms such as “Mother Earth” or “homeland” have found a permanent place in the commonly used language. Although the overwhelming majority of world leaders are still men, people in times of wars or disasters symbolically turn to the “mother of the nation” for protection and help.
Treating the country as a metaphor of home and family, nations have typically identified their countries with maternal protection, providing them with a sense of security and community.
In order to pay tribute to this metaphor, the Germania Mint has created a series of coins called the Allegories. This series brings to life the extraordinary figures of “mothers of nations,” that for centuries have provided solace to people in the hardest moments of human history. Therefore, for the first time in the history of numismatics, on the following coins of the Allegories series, Germania will "meet” with legendary national personifications in symbolic circumstances.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.