2023 RCM 2 oz Ag Ice Age of Canada Sabre-tooth Cat (Abrasions)
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
These Canadian Silver 1 oz coins will contain blemishes such as dings, scratches, hairlines, discolorations or gilding.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes in protective packaging. Multiples of 14 come in plastic mint tubes. Multiples of 280 come in Monster Boxes.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: The obverse features the effigy of Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt. The obverse also bears a special marking that includes four pearls symbolizing the four effigies that have graced Canadian coins and the double date of her reign.
- Reverse: On the reverse is a sabre-tooth tiger design. In this image, we see the tiger leaping straight toward us with an open jaw. This thrilling design is credited to Julius Csotonyi, a paleoartist based in Canada. Next to the design you will find a micro-engraving security feature that consists of a maple leaf and the number 23, corresponding to the year of release.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add this 2 oz Silver Smilodon Sabre-tooth Cat coin to your cart today!
About the Smilodon Sabre-Tooth Cat
It’s the most famous prehistoric Ice Age predator, and if you were a young mammoth or mastodon, the last thing you’d want to see is Smilodon fatalis suddenly lunging at you and flashing its oversized fangs! “Smilodon” means “scalpel tooth,” a fitting descriptor for an ancient big cat whose deadly canines measured up to 18 centimeters long. A key top predator, the sabre-toothed cat would have stalked large herbivores—horses, camels, giant ground sloths and more—by hiding and pouncing on them, much like today’s big cats.
Despite being synonymous with the Ice Age, you won’t find Smilodon perched atop a glacier—this prehistoric big cat preferred warmer climates. Its fossils are among the most common ones found in the tar pit deposits of California, but its range extended across ice-free areas of North, Central and South America. In 2019, a 35,000- to 40,000-year-old bone became the first verified evidence of Smilodon fatalis’ existence in the prehistoric plains of southern Alberta, before becoming extinct at the end of the Pleistocene epoch, around 11,700 years ago.
The Royal Canadian Mint Silver Coins
The Royal Canadian Mint strikes some of the most popular Silver coins in the world. These stunning Silver coins, including the Silver Maple Leaf, are sought-after for their Precious Metal content and iconic designs. The mint strikes over 1 billion coins on a yearly basis, including vintage Canadian coins and currencies for other nations around the world. Royal Canadian Mint Silver bullion offers an attractive way to buy silver for your portfolio or collection.
Precious Metals IRA
For products to qualify for a Precious Metals IRA, they must meet minimum fineness requirements as set by the IRS. 2 oz Silver Ice Age Sabre-tooth Cat coins are eligible for the Precious Metals IRA as they exceed the .999 fineness requirement.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.