- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Silver in Proof finish.
- Comes in a square-shaped presentation box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 25,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features an up-close portrait of a freestyle skiing athlete in motion and the coin's denominational value of 5000 WON.
- Reverse: Depicts the PyeongChang Winter Olympics emblem, symbolizing a world open to everyone and coming together in PyeongChang, a place where Heaven meets Earth.
- Coins are officially licensed by the United States Olympic Committee.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This coin is one of a series of two Gold and eight Silver coins commemorating the 23rd Olympic Winter Games taking place in PyeongChang, South Korea in 2018. Don't miss this limited opportunity to own a part of history. Add this 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympic Commemorative Proof coin to your cart today!
The first Olympic Winter Games were held in Chamonix, France in 1924. The Games were held every four years through 1936. World War I interrupted and no Games were held in 1940 and 1944, but they resumed in 1948. The Summer and Winter Games were held in the same years until the International Olympic Committee decided in 1986 to place them on separate four-year cycles in alternating even-numbered years. This change was implemented in 1992, and the next Winter Games were again in 1994 and have occurred every four years since.
Olympic freestyle skiing is a discipline of skiing that combines athleticism, technical skill and creativity. It is a part of the Winter Olympics and includes several events where skiers perform various acrobatic maneuvers and tricks while skiing down a slope. Freestyle skiing requires a combination of technical skiing skills, aerial prowess and fearlessness. Athletes must be able to control their movements while executing daring tricks and maneuvers, making it a visually spectacular and entertaining sport to watch during the Winter Olympics.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.