- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
In 2021, to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the final Morgan Dollar release, the U.S. Mint released a series of Silver dollars featuring the classic Morgan and Peace designs. Due to popular demand, the mint is releasing additional coins in this popular series for 2023 and is expected to continue producing these annually.
Of the 400,000 2023-S Proof Morgan Dollars produced, just 40,000 were made available to a select group of distributors in advance of the August 9, 2023 release date. The Advanced Release designation indicates that these coins were among this highly exclusive group, the very first coins to ship from the mint.
- Contains .858 oz Silver.
- PCGS certification guarantees the flawless PR-70 condition of this coin.
- 2023 Proof Morgan Dollars are limited to a mintage of only 400,000 coins!
- Special Morgan Dollar label adds collectible appeal to this sought-after coin.
- Obverse: Features Liberty in profile wearing a Phrygian cap and crowned with cotton blossoms and ears of wheat, symbolic of American agriculture.
- Reverse: An American eagle with wings spread, clutching an olive branch and a bundle of arrows in its talons. A laurel wreath mostly surrounds the eagle.
- Minted at the San Francisco Mint with an "S" mint mark.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Add the 2023-S Proof Morgan Dollar to your collection today!
Produced from 1878 to 1904 and again in 1921, the Morgan Dollar is one of the most iconic coins in U.S. history. These large Silver coins, bearing George T. Morgan's design of Lady Liberty, were widely circulated in the United States. Because of their historical appeal and their pivotal role in America's history, these coins have become among the most popularly collected series in numismatics. Additionally, because large quantities of these coins were stored as part of America's strategic Silver reserves in Treasury vaults until the mid 20th century, a large quantity of these vintage coins exist on the market to help support their collectibility. This 2023 issue, released more than 100 years after the last Morgan Dollar was struck, continues this popular series and offers an opportunity for collectors to purchase this iconic coin produced with modern minting techniques.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.