Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The 2016 Cougar was the first installment of the Royal Canadian Mint's four-coin 1 oz Silver Canadian Predator series, which had a maximum mintage of one million coins. The latest releases have become even more exclusive by cutting that mintage in half with 500,000 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes in protective packaging. Multiples of 25 come in plastic mint tubes. Multiples of 500 come in Monster Boxes.
- Features a bullion finish with brilliant frosted relief on a lined background.
- Obverse: Susanna Blunt’s design of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the $5 face value.
- Reverse: Depicts a realistic design of a grizzly bear pouncing towards its prey. The fine details of the thick dense fur, large paws with shredding claws, and sharp teeth showcase the distinctive features that make this one of Canada's premier predators. Expertly engraved and enhanced with carefully applied polishes, design by artist Emily Damstra.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Canadian government.
Protect your Silver Grizzly in style by adding an attractive wooden display box to your order.
Add this 2019 1 oz Silver Predator Series Grizzly coin to your cart today!
This apex predator has no natural enemies except while they are young. The greatest threat to its survival is habitat erosion and encroachment by humans. Hunting, road collisions and influenced distribution all present a challenge for these great animals that require large natural ranges with adequate food in order to survive.
The reverse design by Canadian artist Emily Damstra presents a profile portrait of a pouncing grizzly bear. The detailed engraving by the Royal Canadian Mint have lent additional beauty to the artistry of the coin. Fine finishes emphasize the dense fur and bring the intensity of the moment fully to life.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.