Royal Dutch Mint Gold Coins
2023 NL 1 oz Gold Proof Lion Dollar PF-70 UCAM NGC (FR)
About The Royal Dutch Mint CoinsThe Royal Dutch Mint (Koninklijke Nederlandse Munt) is a Dutch company that produces coins for the Netherlands and other countries worldwide. It was founded in 1567 and has been located in Utrecht since 1911.
The Royal Dutch Mint is responsible for producing all the coins used in the Netherlands, including euro coins. They also make coins for many other countries, including Aruba, Curaçao, and Sint Maarten, and commemorative coins for various occasions.
In addition to coins, the Royal Dutch Mint produces other products such as medals, decorations, and promotional items. They also offer services such as coin design and minting for other organizations.
The Royal Dutch Mint is owned by the Dutch State but operates independently. Their mission is to produce high-quality coins and other products while preserving the heritage of Dutch coinage.
Popular Royal Dutch Mint ProductsThe Royal Dutch Mint produces a wide range of products, but here are some of their most popular ones:
1. Dutch Euro Coins: The Royal Dutch Mint is responsible for producing all the Dutch euro coins currently circulating.
2. Commemorative Coins: The Royal Dutch Mint produces commemorative coins to mark special occasions, such as the 75th anniversary of the liberation of the Netherlands or the coronation of a new Dutch monarch. These coins are often popular among collectors.
3. Mint Sets: The Royal Dutch Mint produces coins that coin enthusiasts collect annually. These sets usually include regular and commemorative coins, often packaged in attractive display cases.
4. Medals: The Royal Dutch Mint produces medals to mark special events or to recognize achievements in various fields. These medals are often made of precious metals and are highly sought after by collectors.
5. Decorations: The Royal Dutch Mint produces decorations that the Dutch government awards to individuals who have made significant societal contributions. These decorations include the Order of the Netherlands Lion and the Order of Orange-Nassau.
Royal Dutch Mint HistoryThe history of the Royal Dutch Mint dates back to the 16th century when the Spanish king Philip II established a mint in Utrecht to produce coins for the Spanish Netherlands. This mint was known as the "Utrecht Mint." It operated until the Dutch Revolt in the late 16th century when Napoleon Bonaparte shut it down.
In 1814, after the defeat of Napoleon, the Dutch government established a new mint in Utrecht, named the "Royal Dutch Mint" (Koninklijke Nederlandse Munt). The mint's mission was to produce high-quality coins for the Netherlands and other countries worldwide.
Over the years, the Royal Dutch Mint has undergone many changes and innovations. In the 19th century, it began using steam power to drive its machinery, and in the 20th century, it adopted modern production techniques such as electroplating and laser engraving.
Today, the Royal Dutch Mint is recognized as one of the world's leading producers of coins and other numismatic products. It is also a significant contributor to Dutch cultural heritage, with a collection of historic coins and minting equipment that dates back centuries. Explore our wide variety of gold coins from this storied mint at APMEX today!
Check out what other customers are saying.