South African Gold Krugerrands are one of the most recognizable bullion coins in the entire world. The 2017 proof edition is a collector's dream featuring a mirrorlike background highlighting frosted devices!
- Contains 1 oz of Gold.
- Comes in a red leatherette box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Likeness of Paul Kruger, South Africa’s first and only president, along with “South Africa” in Afrikaans and English.
- Reverse: A Springbok antelope, the national animal of South Africa, along with the year of minting and Gold weight.
- Includes a special privy mark celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Gold Krugerrand. The 50th anniversary logo has the inscription "1967", "2017" and "50 YEAR ANNIVERSARY".
- Minted by the South African Mint.
Limited mintages of these proof coins add to their desirability and increases the potential of higher gains on the value of your investment in the future. Add this 2017 1 oz Proof Gold Krugerrand to your cart today!
The Krugerrand gets its name from coin's front image, a head shot of the South African Republic's last president, Paul Kruger.