- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- This is from the group of notes to be issued in 1862 by the Confederate States during the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- Well preserved example in Almost Uncirculated condition with bold hand written signatures and serial numbers.
- Face: Central vignette of a train with diffused steam coming out of it.
- Back: Intentionally left blank.
- Printed by J.T. Paterson & Co, of Columbia South Carolina.
Handle your currency with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Not many CSA paper money issues survived like this due to the quality of paper being used. This AU note is a nice example of CSA paper money used during the Civil War. Add this 1862 CSA $100 Train Diffused Steam note to your cart today!
Cataloged as T-40.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the Confederate government to print paper money, just as the U.S. government did for the first time. These Confederate issues were once scorned by collectors, but are now in demand and rising in value. They have become a favorite with collectors due to the different issues and variety of designs.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.