Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Additionally, the koala is one of Australia's most popular animals, accounting for the exceptional success of the Australian Koala series that began in 2007.
- Contains 1 kilo (32.15 oz) of .9999 fine Silver.
- Each coin comes in a protective plastic capsule.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Portrays a koala sitting on the branch of a eucalyptus tree surrounded by gum leaves. The inscription "Australian Koala", The Perth Mint's "P" mint mark, the 2018 year-date, and the .9999 purity are also featured in the design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Australian government.
Handle your Silver with care by adding these white cotton gloves to your order.
Koalas are loved around the world, and now you can bring home your very own Silver Koala. Add this 2018 1 kilo Silver Koala to your cart today!
Beginning in 2007, the Perth Mint introduced the Silver Koala series in both Gold and Silver. Each year features a different design of this animal that is so strongly associated with Australia.
Australian Silver Koala coins are produced in both 1 oz and 1 kilogram size, with the mintage of the 1 oz size capped at 300,000 coins. Mintages of the kilo coins typically fall anywhere from 20,000-50,000 units. This makes the Australian Silver Koala one of the most collectible bullion series. The Koala, along with the Kookaburra, Lunar Series, and Kangaroo form what has continued to be a robust line of high quality bullion products from the Perth Mint of Australia.
When early European settlers first encountered koalas in Australia, they thought the tree-climbing animals were monkeys or bears. Even though they're still referred to by some as "koala bears", they're actually marsupials like kangaroos and wombats.
Koalas have special physical characteristics that complement their tree-dwelling lifestyle. They're able to grip branches and pick eucalyptus leaves with their two opposable digits, and their tough skin and sharp claws provide traction in climbing. They even have extra thick fur on their seat so they can sit comfortably on branches for hours! Unique to Australia, these animals are a perfect theme for an iconic coin series.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.