Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Platinum to Us
The Perth Mint is pleased to present the first Australian Kangaroo 1 oz Platinum Bullion Coin. Struck by The Perth Mint from 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum in bullion quality, the coin is issued as legal tender under the Australian Currency Act of 1965.
- Mintage of only 2,689 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1 oz of .9995 fine Platinum.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic capsules. Multiples of 20 come in a sealed roll and multiples of 100 come in a sealed box.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II and the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Depicts the classic artistry of a bounding red kangaroo surrounded by rays of sunlight. The inscription "AUSTRALIAN KANGAROO", The Perth Mint’s "P" mintmark and the 2018 year-date are also included in the design.
- Guaranteed by the Australian Mint.
Protect your Platinum Kangaroo in style by adding an attractive display box to your order.
Platinum is a great way to diversify any investment portfolio. Add this 1 oz Australian Platinum Kangaroo coin to your cart today!
The 2018 1 oz Australian Platinum Kangaroo Coin is the first release of its series, joining the Gold Kangaroo, which was first released in 1990 and the Silver Kangaroo first released in 2016.
The first-ever release of the 2018 Australia 1 oz Platinum Kangaroo, displays an image of the red kangaroo. The Red Kangaroo was first featured on the Australian penny, which was first released in 1938 to 1948. Additionally, the Red Kangaroo has been featured on several Bullion coins such as the Gold Kangaroo coins, proof silver coins, as well as the Silver Kangaroo bullion coins.
The kangaroo is the most instantly recognizable wildlife symbol of Australia. The world's largest marsupial, females carry their infants around in their pouch for two months after being born. These young kangaroos, called joeys, will stay close to their mothers until about eight months of age.
Red Kangaroos hop along on their powerful hind legs and do so at tremendous speed and with incredible grace. In fact, a red kangaroo can reach speeds of over 35 miles per hour! Their massive gait allows them to cover 25 feet in a single leap. The male kangaroos are larger than the females, and sometimes fight over potential mates by leaning back on their tails and boxing each other with their strong hind legs.
80% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:His Eminence
Date:Dec 27, 2018
I received a perfect coin, with a very low premium over the spot in its category. However I would expect some improvement from the Perth Mint.
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.