- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- These $5 Silver Certificates were issued beginning in 1957.
- Housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Graded Choice Uncirculated.
- Face: A portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: An engraving of the Lincoln Memorial.
- Smith/Dillon signatures—Friedberg #1657.
Protect your Small Size Currency by adding a protective currency holder to your order.
These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Silver Certificates were adopted for circulation in this denomination beginning in 1886. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when this type was discontinued. The $5 Federal Reserve Note then became the only type circulating.
These notes saw heavy usage until the type was discontinued in the 1960s. These $5 Silvers are popular with collectors and will make a great addition to any paper money collection.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.