2003 Poland 2 Zlote John Paul II Mini Album
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Only $5.99 per coin!
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
Only $5.99 per coin!
Poland, the birthplace of the popular Pope John Paul II, issued this 2 Zlote commemorative coin in memoriam of the Catholic Church leader who celebrated his 25th pontifical year in 2003.
The Polish government issued this special-edition coin, struck in so-called Nordic Gold, a tarnish-resistant aluminum-bronze alloy; which symbolizes John Paul II's purity and virtue.
- Special commemorative 2 Zlote coin issued by the Mint of Poland.
- Coin comes sealed in a protective frame housed in a mini album with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverses: Depicts Pope John Paul II holding his pastoral crosier with stylized cross in the background. "25 LECIE PONTYFIKATU - JAN PAWEL II" translating to "25 YEARS PONTIFICATE - JOHN PAUL II".
- Reverses: Depicts the crowned eagle of the Polish coat of arms above denomination with stylized cross in the background. "RZECZPOSPOLITA POLSKA - 2003".
- Coins were struck at the Mint of Poland in Warsaw.
This set makes a great gift for the coin collector or for those interested in Papal history. Add this John Paul II mini album to your order today!
Born Karol Jósef Wojtyla in Wadowice, Poland, in 1920, John Paul II was elected Pope in 1978, becoming the first non-Italian to assume the Papacy since Adrian VI in 1522, and the first man of letters since Pius II in 1458. On 27 April, 2014, he became just the second pope to enter the sainthood in 300 years.
At turns stonecutter and boilermaker, poet and priest, professor of theology and member of an experimental theater troupe, John Paul II brought an eclectic personal history to Rome. Among the 117 countries he traveled to as Vicar of Christ was his native Poland, where his historic 1979 visit helped inspire the Solidarity movement and the fall of Communism.
A prolific author, a bold theologian and a saintly presence, John Paul II was hailed as “the great” by his successor, Benedict XVI, upon his death in 2005. He is arguably the most popular Pontiff of all time.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.