Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
In 1191, two crusaders, Duke Leopold V of Austria and King Richard ‘The Lionheart’ of England, got into an argument during the capture of the city of Acre. In December 1192, on his way back home from the Holy Land, Richard was taken prisoner by Leopold on the outskirts of Vienna. The huge ransom in silver, which Leopold managed to extort from the English people in return for Richard’s release, led to the origin of the legend of Robin Hood. Leopold used the silver to found both the stronghold of Wiener Neustadt and the original Mint in Vienna. Coin Highlights:
- Contains 1 oz of fine Silver.
- Coin comes individually packaged in a mini blister pack.
- Mintage of 100,000 coins.
- Obverse: Features a crusader on horseback, part of Leopold's crusade along with the year, weight and face value.
- Reverse: Portrays Duke Leopold V of Vienna ready for battle.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian government.
This coin is a fantastic addition to any historic collection. Add this 2019 Silver 825th Anniversary of the Austrian Mint BU coin to your cart today!
Next releases include Wiener Neustadt and Robin Hood.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
From:New Bedford, Ma
Date:Jun 17, 2019
Love this coin series. Especially the coins in the collector's card, Keeps them safe from scratches & Dings. Beautiful design. I am collecting all 3 coins in the series..
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.