Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
With the first coin in the Magic of Gold series we travel back in time to Ancient Mesopotamia, ‘the land between two rivers’, the Tigris and the Euphrates. In Mesopotamian culture the ownership of Gold was associated with high standing and all Gold had to be handed over to the ruling classes and religious leaders. It was reserved for the powerful and the even more powerful – the gods. Mesopotamian gold was mainly sourced from Egypt, where it was believed that the streets were paved with the precious metal.
- Contains 1/2 oz of .986 fine Gold.
- Coins are packaged in the original box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Obverse: Features shows a bull’s head from a detail found on the Golden Lyre of Ur, which was discovered in 1929 in the Royal Cemetery of Ur, located in present day Iraq. Created roughly 4,500 years ago, the lyre is considered to be one of the world’s oldest surviving stringed instruments.
- Reverse: Features a portrait of the legendary ruler King Nebuchadnezzar II (circa 640-562 BC) wearing a horned crown. According to the Book of Daniel in the Old Testament, Nebuchadnezzar erected a huge golden statue and made his subjects worship it on bended knee. As elsewhere, in Mesopotamia the ownership of Gold was associated with high standing. It was reserved for the powerful and all Gold had to be handed over to the ruling class and the religious authorities. Mesopotamian gold was mainly sourced from Egypt, where it was believed that the streets were paved with the precious metal.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian Mint.
These commemorative Gold coins from Austria are a great way to add to your Gold holdings while enhancing your World Gold collection. Add one of these 2019 Austria Proof Gold €100 The Magic of Gold Mesopotamia coins to your cart today!
Since time immemorial, Gold has had a special effect on those who behold it. The Magic of Gold series traces the mysterious nature of Gold in Ancient cultures. No other metal has as much symbolic meaning as Gold and no other concrete substance has been linked with so many abstract concepts, including heavenliness, immortality, purity and power.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.