|Volume Discount Pricing|
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Contains Copper/Nickel bonded to an inner core of pure Copper.
- Individual coins come in protective packaging.
- Designed by John Flanagan.
- Obverse: Portrait of George Washington originally designed by John Flanagan, with the inscriptions of "United States of America", "Liberty", "In God We Trust" and "Quarter Dollar".
- Reverse: This design recreates the style of a Spanish colonial real coin and includes a mission bell tower to symbolize community, a lion for Spanish heritage, wheat for farming and waves of water to symbolize the San Antonio River. A cross in the middle separates each symbol and is surrounded by the inscriptions "San Antonio Missions", "Texas", "E Pluribus Unum" and "2019".
- Mint mark is represented by a "D" for Denver.
The America the Beautiful series will include 56 coins.
Add this attractive coin to your collection today!
San Antonio Missions National Historical Park
San Antonio Missions National Historical Park is a National Historical Park preserving four out of five Spanish frontier missions in San Antonio, Texas along the San Antonio River. The fifth mission is well known as the Alamo, but is not part of the park as it was operated by the Daughters of the Republic of Texas until July 2015, when management was turned over to the Texas General Land Office. All five locations are designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
These outposts were established as early as 1690 by Spanish missionaries of various Catholic orders. They were used to spread Christianity among local natives and formed a key network for Spanish colonization of the area. The missions from north to south are Mission Concepcion, Mission San Jose, Mission San Juan, and Mission Espada. The Espada Aqueduct is also part of the park.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.