- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Mintage of 5,500 coins.
- Contains 2 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual coins come in protective packaging. Multiples of 20 may come in tubes.
- Obverse: Sculptural relief of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico's history.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Handle your 2 oz Silver Libertads with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Rapidly gaining popularity, this uniquely sized Silver Libertad coin carries on the rich and proud tradition of the beloved Libertad series that began in 1982. Add this 2020 2 oz Silver Mexican Libertad coin to your cart today!
2 oz Silver Libertads
The Silver Libertad was released in a 2 ounce Brilliant Uncirculated version for the first time in 1996. These coins tend to have much lower mintages than their 1 ounce counterparts, adding to the collectibility of the series. These 2 oz Libertad coins in .999 fine Silver feature the coat of arms of Mexico on the obverse, surrounded by the historical Mexican coat of arms. The reverse features the two volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl, which have a legendary love story tied to them. The legend based on Aztec mythology tells the story of these two volcanoes, who were once star-crossed lovers - the princess Iztaccíhuatl and the brave warrior Popocatépetl. Iztaccíhuatl's father demands that Popocatépetl defeat their enemy before taking the princess as his bride. While the brave warrior fights and defeats the enemy, a rival spreads false news to the ruler that Popocatépetl has been defeated. When Iztaccíhuatl learns of this, she falls ill and dies from heartbreak. The Gods turn the humans to these two mountains, so that the two lovers can finally be together.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Feb 19, 2021
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.