- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The first port of call in the year-long celebration, the 2021 Pure Silver Proof Dollar turns back the clock to commemorate Canada's sailing ambassador, and the visionary naval architect behind its design. The Bluenose story begins here, born on a drafting table a century ago. And with the mixing of different frosting techniques (flat and traditional), your coin's engraved design simultaneously celebrates William J. Roué's vision and its fulfillment, with the birth of a racing champion.
- Contains 0.75 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Coins come in a mint-issued black clamshell box and includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 30,000 coins.
- Obverse: The obverse features the effigy of King George V by Sir E.B. MacKennal. Learn more about Canada's best-known naval architect and designer of our national icon.
- Reverse: Designed by Canadian marine artist Yves Bérubé, your coin's reverse travels back in time to see naval architect William James Roué (1879-1970) completing his design for the legendary Bluenose schooner. The first-person perspective is flat frosted to distinguish between Roué's vision and the inspiring sight of Bluenose under full sail. As an added tribute, W.J. Roué's signature is included as it appeared on the original Bluenose sail plan.
Add this 2021 Silver Dollar commemorating the Anniversary of the Bluenose to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.