Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 450 coins.
- Housed in a protective plastic capsule.
- Obverse: Displays the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination, the coin's weight and fineness, and the 2021 year-date.
- Reverse: Depicts a bearded Poseidon rising up out of the sea wielding his trident, on a chariot pulled by two hippocampi. The design also includes the inscription "POSEIDON" and The Perth Mint's "P" mint mark.
- Tuvalu legal tender.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
The Perth Mint will release no more than 450 of the 5 oz Silver Gods of Olympus Poseidon BU coins. Add this coin to your cart today!
In ancient Greek mythology, Poseidon was worshiped as the God of the Sea, Storms, Earthquakes, and Horses. Known for gathering clouds and creating violent storms, Poseidon was responsible for countless shipwrecks and the drowning of many souls, yet he also held the power to grant a ship a successful voyage and to save those in danger. He is also often referred to as the ‘earth-shaker’ due to his penchant for causing earthquakes. As God of the Sea, Poseidon was one of the three most powerful Greek Gods alongside his brothers Zeus and Hades.
The Perth Mint
The Perth Mint is Australia's oldest operating mint and throughout its rich history, the name has become synonymous with some of the highest standard of bullion & collectible products. Along with the Gods of Olympus Series, some of The Perth Mint's most well-known coin programs include the Gold Kangaroo & Silver Kangaroo, Koala, Gold Lunar & Silver Lunar, and Gold Swan & Silver Swan programs along with a wide variety of Specialty Bullion releases.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.