Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Due to extremely limited allocations, there is an order limit of 10 coins per customer.
- Contains 5 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual coins come in protective plastic. Orders of 5 or more may come in mint tubes.
- Obverse: Features a sculptural relief design of the National Shield, encompassed by the legend "Estados Unidos Mexicanos" (United Mexican States), surrounded by different national coats of arms used throughout Mexico's history.
- Reverse: Depicts two key symbols of the Mexican people: the Winged Victory statue in the forefront and the Mexican volcanoes Popocatépetl and Iztaccíhuatl in the background.
- Guaranteed by Banco de México.
Protect your Silver Libertad by adding a five-coin tube to your order.
Silver Libertad coins are popular around the world for their limited mintages and exquisite design. The 5 oz Silver Libertads are produced in much lower numbers than their 1 oz Silver counterparts, creating even further collectible opportunity. Add this 2021 5 oz Silver Mexican Libertad coin to your cart today!
Mexican Silver Libertads
The 5 oz Silver Libertad coin in a Brilliant Uncirculated finish was first introduced in 1996, and have been produced annually since their introduction. The coins are produced at La Casa de Moneda de México, the oldest Mint in North America. Each year of release has varying mintages, typically much lower than other bullion counterparts, which adds to the collectibility of the Libertad series. The 5 oz Silver Libertad is a popular choice for collectors, for those looking for a larger size of the popular 1 oz coin. The obverse of the coin features Mexico's historical coat of arms. The reverse of the beautiful coin tells the legend of two star-crossed lovers, princess Iztaccíhuatl and warrior Popocatépetl, turned into volcanoes by the Aztec gods, so they can finally be together.
Bank of Mexico
The Libertads are produced at La Casa de Moneda de Mexico (Mexican Mint), the oldest Mint in North America. It is also the national mint of Mexico, first established in 1535. The Bank of Mexico is Mexico's central bank, and is the Mexican Mint's largest client, producing both circulating coinage and currency for the country, as well as precious metal coins. The Mint is located in Mexico City.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.