- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® coin to guarantee the authenticity and condition after the coins are taken directly from the mint capsules. Each coin is placed in a protective, non-reactive plastic polymer authentication card to protect your coin’s finish. This process seals the coin within the card, creating a tamper-evident package that ensures your investment indefinitely. Learn more about the tamper-evident process here.
APMEX has partnered with PCGS, one of the most trusted and reputable names in numismatics, to further enhance the MintDirect® Premier program. This partnership with PCGS allows MintDirect® Premier with PCGS FirstStrike® 2022 Silver Koalas in their sealed packaging to remain eligible for the FirstStrike® designation if submitted to PCGS for grading after new FirstStrike® eligible coins are typically off the market.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-count APMEX MintDirect® singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP singles and are stackable with other APMEX Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX Monster Box.
- This process requires the coins to be taken from their original mint capsules.
- Mintage of 300,000 coins.
- Obverse: Jody Clark's illustration of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II as well as the monetary denomination.
- Reverse: Displays a koala clutching a tree branch. The inscription "Australian Koala," The Perth Mint's "P" mint mark, the 2022 year-date, and the .9999 purity are also included on the design.
Protect your Silver Koala with a stylish display box. An easy way to store these coins is in the 10-count storage box. Add this convenient box to your order. If you want to order more than 10, we also have a 20-count storage box.
Koalas are adored around the world, so add a 2022 1 oz Silver Koala MintDirect® Premier single coin to your portfolio while supplies last.
Each year, The Perth Mint introduces coins with the new year's date on them. New dies are engraved, prepared and deployed to strike the coins for each year.
The coin dies wear down over thousands of strikes, causing the details of the engraved die that transfers to the newly struck coin to flatten, diminishing the quality of the finished coin below standards. At this point, the dies are replaced. For each minting press, new dies may be required multiple times each year.
Once the new dies are installed, the strike quality (the detail transferred to the newly struck coin) returns to its maximum amount. There is no public notice when dies are changed, and each minting press changes dies at different times required by die wear.
Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by The Perth Mint during the first 30 days of their issuance that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® Premier coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint capsules. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to make sure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished 2022 1 oz Silver Koala MintDirect® Premier Single + PCGS FS®.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left The Perth Mint. The MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell a verified coin, authenticity guaranteed.
Note: The MintDirect® process does not guarantee protection from spotting or tarnishing that normally occurs in chemically active metals, such as Gold, Silver and Platinum.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:Jesse P.
Date:Aug 22, 2022
Recently submitted this coin for grading and came back at PCGS 70. Love the MintDirect product.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
- Recognized Brand
- Bottom Line
- Yes, I would recommend this to a friend.
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.