- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and authenticates the condition of this coin.
- The First Day of Issue label guarantees this coin was among the very first shipped from the mint upon release.
- Obverse: Depicts a portrait of George Washington, originally composed and sculpted by Laura Gardin Fraser to mark George Washington’s 200th birthday.
- Reverse: Depicts Maya Angelou with her arms uplifted. Behind her are a bird in flight and a rising sun, images inspired by her poetry and symbolic of the way she lived.
- Coins minted in San Francisco feature the "S" mint mark.
Protect your graded 2022-S Maya Angelou Quarter in style by adding a beautiful display box to your cart.
Add this graded 2022-S Maya Angelou Quarter to your collection today!
American Women Quarters
The American Women Quarters Program is a four-year program that celebrates the accomplishments and contributions made by women to the development and history of our country. Beginning in 2022 and continuing through 2025, the U.S. Mint will issue up to five new reverse designs each year. The obverse of each coin will maintain a likeness of George Washington that is different from the design used during the previous quarter program.
The Maya Angelou Quarter is the first coin in the American Women Quarters Program. Maya Angelou was a celebrated writer, performer and social activist. She rose to international prominence as an author after the publication of her groundbreaking autobiography, “I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings.” Angelou’s published works of verse, non-fiction and fiction include more than 30 bestselling titles.
Angelou’s remarkable career encompasses dance, theater, journalism and social activism. She appeared in Broadway and off-Broadway plays, including “Cabaret for Freedom,” which she wrote with Godfrey Cambridge. At the request of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., she served as northern coordinator of the Southern Christian Leadership Conference. In 1978, she was a National Book Award judge for biography and autobiography.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.