Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
Due to limited quantities, there is an order limit of 2 coins per customer.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Extremely limited mintage of only 100 coins.
- Packaged in a PCGS plastic holder to protect and guarantee your coin's perfect MS-70 condition.
- FirstStrike® designation guarantees your coin was struck within the first 30 days of being released.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley likeness of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the monetary denomination, the coin’s weight and fineness, and the 2022 year-date.
- Reverse: Captain Moody's ship, The Rising Sun, and a burning ship in the background, with the design of a skull is formed from the smoke. The design also contains the words "THE RISING SUN," "BLACK FLAG: WILLIAM MOODY," the weight, fineness, and The Perth Mint's traditional "P" mint mark.
- Sovereign coin backed by Tuvalu government.
Protect your PCGS holder from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
The newest release in the wildly popular Black Flag series would be a great addition to any coin collection. Add this 2022 Tuvalu 1 oz Gold Black Flag: The Rising Sun MS-70 FirstStrike® coin to your cart today!
2022 Tuvalu 1 oz Gold The Rising Sun MS-70 PCGS (FirstStrike®)
The fourth release in the widely collected Black Flag series features William Moody’s well-known ship, The Rising Sun. Captain Moody, an infamous pirate, was known and feared for his pillaging and setting fire to numerous ships in the Caribbean from 1718 to 1719. Soon after his reign of terror began, Captain Moody’s own crew protested due to his behavior toward the sailors on the ship. The crew left Moody, and his few remaining supporters, in a small boat and set sail without them – leaving them behind in the middle of the ocean. Captain Moody was never seen again and presumed lost at sea.
The Perth Mint Black Flag Series
Throughout the 17th and 18th centuries, pirates ruled the seven seas with their ships proudly displaying their black flags high, declaring themselves victorious in battle. Each release in this popular series struck by The Perth Mint features a famous pirate along with the emblem they associated with to celebrate some of the most fearsome figures in history. The previous releases in this series have included Blackbeard and his ship Queen Anne’s Revenge, Black Bart and his ship the Royal Fortune and Ching Shih with her ship known as the Red Flag Fleet. Learn more about William Moody's ship, the Rising Sun and shop our assortment of Black Flag Coin Series today.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.