- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
New for 2017, the Royal Dutch Mint has released a modern lion daalder, the Dutch thaler, restrike based on the design originally issued in 1617.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Restrike comes housed in a box and includes a certificate of authenticity from the Royal Dutch Mint. Does not include a map or a capsule.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins.
- Obverse: Included on the obverse is a standing knight. In front of his legs rests a shield bearing a lion in what is known as the rampant position. (This lion is found on both the Dutch and Belgian coats of arms.) Within two circles of beadwork around the rim is the legend MO. ARG. PRO. CONFOE. BELG.—short for MONETA ARGENTEA PROVINCIARUM CONFOEDERATUM BELGICARUM, or “Silver money of the Province of the Netherlands”, followed by the letters TRA (representing Utrecht).
- Reverse: Displays the same heraldic lion in a larger size, and as with the obverse design it has two circles of beadwork around the rim enclosing a legend, the date of issue, 2017, and the motto of the United Provinces, CONFIDENS. DNO. NON. MOVETVR, or “Who trusts in the Lord is not moved” (“DNO” is an abbreviation of “Domino,” or “Lord”).
- Guaranteed by the Royal Dutch Mint.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This stunning Silver Proof coin is loved around the world for its 1 oz metal content and classic, restrike design. Add the 2017 Silver Lion Dollar Restrike to your cart today!
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.