You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains approximately 0.2418 oz of fine Gold in a beautiful Proof finish.
- Limited mintage of only 500 coins!
Packaged in a presentation box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Obverse: The face represents one of the most accurate versions of the Great Seal: the rays of light "piercing the clouds," a white-headed eagle with outstretched wings holding an olive branch and 13 arrows, symbolizing peace as well as defense through war. The bird is surmounted by 13 stars, recalling the 13 original states. The eagle's head is turned toward the olive branch on its right to symbolize a preference for peace. The banner "E Pluribus Unum" ("Out of many, one") recalls the union of the original 13 states of the United States.
- Reverse: Symbolized by an Indian princess (seated amidst bundles), America holds a cornucopia and welcomes Mercury (a.k.a. Hermes, standing on the left, wearing a cloak and winged cap), the American god of science and commerce. In the background is a sailboat; at the top is "TO PEACE AND COMMERCE." The date of the independence of the United States is also inscribed at the bottom: "IV JUL MDCCLXXVI" (July 4, 1776), in small letters below, "C. BARBER 1876" (the artist who copied F. DUPRE) as well as the name of the original artist, "DUPRE F." under Mercury.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
Protect your capsules from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This beautiful Gold coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for anyone who loves American history. Add this 2022 Gold €50 Great Dates of Humanity Independence of the USA coin to your cart today!
The history of American independence began when the American War of Independence broke out in 1775, when disagreements between American colonists and the British government arose. At that time, an American army was formed and led by George Washington. The siege of Boston was the first phase of the War of Independence, where New England surrounded the city of Boston to prohibit movement of the British troops. After months of siege, George Washington and the American colonists forced the British to withdraw by sea.
The Declaration of Independence of the United States was voted by American colonists and issued on July 4, 1776, which outlined the colonists' motivations for seeking independence.
Monnaie de Paris
Founded in 1864, not only is Monnaie de Paris France's longest standing institution, but it is also the oldest enterprise in the world. Today, the mint strikes circulation coins for France, as well as beautiful gold and silver commemorative coin programs that are each intricately designed works of art. The mint is also home to a museum that hosts exhibitions, tours and workshops as well as the Guy Savoy Restaurant.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review