- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
The popular Austrian expression ‘Schwein gehabt’ (literally ‘had pig’), meaning to be fortunate in one’s misfortune, is said to have been coined in the 16th century during times when people did not have enough to eat. The lucky ones were those who had at least one pig. Maybe the pig can be a sign of hope for us all in these troubled times, because something unforeseen and pleasant can happen even when there is no sign of light at the end of the tunnel. We wish you unexpectedly pleasant experiences in 2023 and hope that by the year’s end you too can say that you have had pig!
- Contains 1/4 oz of Silver.
- Mintage of 50,000 coins.
- Packaged in an illustrated blister pack.
- Obverse: Designed by Austrian Mint artisans Helmut Andexlinger, Anna Rastl, and Rebecca Wilding, the nine-sided coin’s obverse features the head of a pig, its snout slightly raised above a crop of lucky four-leafed clovers. A pig and four-leafed clovers — two lucky symbols featured along with the year 2023.
- Reverse: The reverse of the coin shows the coats of arms of all nine of the provinces of Austria along with the denomination of 5 EURO with the numeral centered.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian government.
Inspect the newest addition to your collection with ease by adding a magnifier to your order.
This coin is a fantastic New Year's addition to any collection. Add this 2023 Austria Silver €5 New Year's The Popular Pig coin to your cart today!
APMEX is proud to offer products from the Munze Österreich, or Austrian Mint. With more than 800 years of coin-production experience, the Austrian Mint in Vienna has become world-renowned for coin production and Precious Metals processing. As a subsidiary of the Austrian Central Bank, the Austrian Mint's foremost task is to produce all of the circulating euro coinage for Austria. But the mint also strikes an impressive range of collector coins and medals, along with producing some of the world's best-selling bullion coins. In addition to the popular Silver Philharmonic coins, the Austrian Mint produces many beautiful commemorative coins to honor people, places and events of its history. More than 400 million coins are produced at the Austrian Mint each year.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.