Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Building on the multilayered concept introduced in 2019, the latest minting innovation from our R&D Lab is a prototype shadow box coin that pushes the boundaries of dimensional engraving even further. The coin’s reverse takes the 2019 Birds in the Backyard design and breaks it down into four distinct layers of art. By spacing out and superimposing these layers, the arrangement forms a richer, more complex scene with unparalleled depth, detail and realism, made possible by our R&D researchers.
- Contains 22.859 grams of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 252 coins.
- Packaged in a wooden box with a special R&D Lab certificate to explain the technology.
- Obverse: The obverse features a laser-frosted maple leaf background pattern and the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- Reverse: Your prototype coin’s reverse features a groundbreaking shadow box concept that separates Neil Hamelin’s 2019 Birds in the Backyard design into four distinct layers of art. The bottom layer features the engraved leaves and branches of a catalpa (Catalpa speciosa) tree. The two middle layers feature three birds on the upper layer, a nest box and branches on the lower one – superimposed to create a floating image effect. The top layer consists of a blue jay and leaves that frame your view of this multidimensional scene.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
From the R&D Lab comes another exciting world first: a shadow box coin. Add this one-of-a-kind R&D Lab Birds in a Shadow Box coin to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.