Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- First printed in the 1957 and feature the familiar portrait of President George Washington.
- This denomination and type was used widely in circulation until the 1960s.
- Each note comes housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- This note is from Series 1935-G.
- Note is graded in Very Fine condition.
- Friedberg #1617.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Series 1935-G $1 Silver certificates were the first type of U.S. paper money to be printed with the motto "IN GOD WE TRUST" on the back. The 84th Congress passed legislation in 1956 requiring all paper money printed after that time to have this motto. It was signed into law by President Eisenhower, and the first notes bearing the motto were released into circulation on October 1, 1957.
The 1935-G notes with the motto had a relatively small printing. Just over 1 million of these examples were printed, making them highly sought after by collectors compared to their no motto counterparts.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.