You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains .7137 oz of silver.
- Comes in a box with a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of 3,000 coins.
- Obverse: On the obverse, one of Kitagawa Utamaro's works appears, "Young Woman Blowing into a Glass Pipe," achieved in 1794. A young woman wearing a draped robe, blowing into a pipe is represented in a colorized fashion. The background shows part of the dome of the library of the Guimet Museum. The chef d’oeuvre des musées stamp that defines this series has been added at the top right. The masterpiece and the artist names as well as the 2023 year-date complete a bottom border of the coin.
- Reverse: The reverse is common to the series. It depicts several views of many major French museums. An interior view of the Musée d’Orsay, on the top left, is recognizable by its distinctive clock. Beside that is a view of the façade of the Louvre as seen from the Napoleon courtyard where the pyramid is located. Below these two elements, a fresco shows the Hôtel Salé, which houses the Picasso Museum. The lower portion of the reverse side features a view of the façade of Hôtel Biron, the current Rodin Museum, and above, the famous Centre Pompidou stairway. The face value and the words “République Française” are also inscribed on the reverse side.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This Silver coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for an art enthusiast. Add this 2023 Silver €10 Masterpieces of Museums Proof (Delacroix) coin to your cart today!
Young Woman Blowing into a Glass Pipe
This piece was painted in the year 1794 as part of a "Ten classes of women's physiognomy" series in which the artist highlighted the different personality traits of his models. The masterpiece is part of the Japanese artistic movement Ukiyo-e, or "pictures of the floating world," which spanned the 17th to 19th centuries.
Monnaie de Paris
Founded in 1864, not only is Monnaie de Paris France's longest standing institution, but it is also the oldest enterprise in the world. Today, the mint strikes circulation coins for France, as well as beautiful gold and silver commemorative coin programs that are each intricately designed works of art. The mint is also home to a museum that hosts exhibitions, tours and workshops as well as the Guy Savoy Restaurant.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.