Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Faithfully re-sculpted using archived images from the Bank of Canada Museum, the historic reverse features the maple leaf mark that was added 75 years ago, in early 1948 to 1947-dated coins struck after India gained its independence from British rule. That small maple leaf alludes to imminent change: the removal of “IND: IMP:” (“Emperor of India”) from the outmoded obverse legend, which has also been reproduced on this limited collectible that brings the past to life.
- Contains 2 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Limited mintage of only 5,500 coins.
- Encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.
- Obverse: The obverse features an updated year of issue (“2023”) and Thomas Humphrey Paget’s effigy of King George VI with the outmoded legend “GEORGIVS VI D:G:REX ET IND:IMP:” (“George VI, by the grace of God, King and Emperor of India”).
- Reverse: Your coin is a faithful re-creation of the 1947 Maple Leaf 5 cent circulation coin, but on a larger scale and with selective Gold plating. Framed by a raised rim that mimics the original coin’s 12-sided shape, George Edward Kruger Gray’s iconic beaver design appears on the reverse, where a small maple leaf placed next to the year “1947” indicates the coin was originally struck in 1948 using outdated dies.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your 5 cent Silver 1947 Maple Leaf Mark coin in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding silica gel packets to your order.
Re-creating a classic: The 1947 Maple Leaf 5 cent coin. Add this 2023 Canada 5 cent Silver 1947 Maple Leaf Mark coin to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
The Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins since 1908. They are widely recognized for their annual-release Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they also produce numerous award-winning coins every year – making them one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.