You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Herod's Gate remains as one of the seven open Gates of Jerusalem. Gaining its name from Christianity in the 16th and 17th centuries, it now serves as a connection from the Muslim Quarter inside the Old City to the Palestinian neighborhood, Bab az-Zahra, located outside of the gate.
The origins of the name are mentioned in Luke 23:7 where Pontius Pilate sent Jesus to Herod Antipas in a nearby house, where the Flagellation of Christ occurred prior to his crucifixion.
- Limited mintage of 1,800.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Eighth issue of the Gates of Jerusalem series.
- Round is encapsulated and delivered in the official box of issue.
- Obverse: Front view of the Herod's Gate. The top contains th inscription in English and Hebrew with date, purity and weight below.
- Reverse: Stylized sketch of the Gates of the Old City in the walls of Jerusalem, border inscription in English and Hebrew "Gates of Jerusalem," with the Holy Land Mint logo below.
- Guaranteed by the Holy Land Mint of Israel.
You can protect your newest investment against moisture during storage with these silica gel packets.
Add this beautifully designed 1 oz Silver round to your cart today!
The Gates of Jerusalem have become an icon of the holy city and an attraction for tourists from all over Israel and the world. Start your journey through the city's history with the Jaffa Gate, the inaugural release of the Gates of Jerusalem series.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.