- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- These $5 Silver Certificates were issued beginning in 1934.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Low grade notes from Series 1934-D.
- These notes will be in Fine condition.
- Each note has a portrait of President Abraham Lincoln on the front with an engraving of the Lincoln Memorial on the back.
- Friedberg #1654.
Although they are still legal tender, their blue seals and serial numbers make them great collector's items. These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection. Add some of these great conversation pieces to your cart today!
Silver Certificates were adopted for circulation in this denomination beginning in 1886. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when this type was discontinued. The $5 Federal Reserve Note then became the only type circulating.
Series 1934 $5 Silver Certificates were printed in large numbers, and they saw heavy usage until the type was discontinued. These $5 Silver Certificates are popular with collectors, and these will be Series 1934 through 1934-D of our choice and limited to available inventory.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.