Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz of .999 fine Gold.
- Comes in a box and includes a certificate of authenticity from the Monnaie de Paris.
- Mintage of just 250 coins.
- Obverse: Features the side profile of Midas, king of Phrygia, turning an apple into Gold as he touches it.
- Reverse: Features a modernized adaptation of the Sower from the engraver Louis-Oscar Roty. A heraldic version of the French flag appears on the drape of the Sower's dress and "RF" is encircled by an interlacing of hexagons reminiscent of France.
- Certified by the Monnaie de Paris.
Protect your product from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This Gold coin would be a great addition to any collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2023 1/2 oz Proof Gold King Midas coin to your cart today!
Honored with the gift of turning everything he touches into pure Gold by the god Dionysus, Midas rapidly suffered from a power that would make him infinitely rich. Unable to eat or quench his thirst, he sought comfort in the arms of his daughter, who instantly turned into a statue of Gold. Realizing the folly of his wish, Midas prayed to Dionysus to take back the golden touch. The god instructed him to wash away the curse in the river Pactolus. Midas followed the instructions, and as he touched the river's waters, the golden touch was lifted.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.