Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
- Contains 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Housed in the original mint box with a certificate of authenticity.
- Centennial design issued in celebration of the original Waking Liberty Half Dollar from 1916.
- Obverse: Adolph A. Weinman’s classic design of Lady Liberty draped in an American flag, carrying branches of laurel and oak, symbolizing both civil and military glory.
- Reverse: An eagle perched atop a rock, his wings spread in preparation for flight with "United States of America" above and the face value below.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint at West Point, N.Y.
This special 100th anniversary coin was issued in memory of the popular 1916 Walking Liberty Half Dollar and features 1/2 oz of .9999 fine Gold making this coin a great addition to both numismatic & investment portfolios. Add this 1/2 oz Walking Liberty to your cart today!
The 2016 Walking Liberty Half Dollar pays homage to one of the many coin designs issued during what is known as the "Renaissance of American Coinage". Adolph A. Weinman’s design is considered one of the most beautiful coins of all time!
In 2016, the U.S. Mint will mark the centenary anniversary of three numismatic icons with the release of the 1/10 oz Mercury Dime, 1/4 oz Standing Liberty Quarter, and the 1/2 oz Walking Liberty Half Dollar Centennial Gold Coins. Each of these coins features an allegorical representation of Liberty being the last design of each denomination to do so.
Each coin is encapsulated and hand packaged in a custom–designed, black–matte hardwood presentation case and is accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
The mint's goal is to match each Gold coin to the size and diameter of their original Silver coin from 1916. Plans are to issue business strikes only, meaning no proof or uncirculated versions will be issued.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.