- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine silver.
- Mintage of 1,000 coins.
- Comes in a The East India Company box.
- Obverse: Depicts the left-facing profile of His Majesty King Charles III, the year of issue and the face value.
- Reverse: Features a close-up profile of Lady Liberty over a background image of a globe. In front of Lady Liberty, a majestic eagle soars. On the globe is the location of the United States with an image of the country using the American flag design.
- Sovereign coin backed by the St. Helena government.
Protect your investments from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Don't miss out on owning the first coin in this series. Add the 2022 Silver modern U.S. trade dollar to your cart today!
African Gold and Silver Coins
APMEX carries a wide selection of Gold and Silver coins from Africa. The issuing countries included Benin, Cameroon, East Africa, St. Helena, Ivory Coast and many more. You will be able to find many designs and themes of interest.
Trade dollars were first introduced in the late 15th century when the Spanish dollar was used to facilitate trade. This inspired other nations to create currencies, including the U.S. dollar. in the late 1860s an increase in trade between the United States and China led to the introduction of the U.S. trade dollar as part of the Coinage Act of 1873. Although the U.S. trade dollars were primarily intended to use in trade with Asian countries, they were also legal tender within the U.S. for payments up to $5 and many found their way back into the domestic market. However, the price of Silver soon dropped below the face value of the coin due to an increase in mining within the U.S. Many banks and businesses began to refuse to accept the U.S. trade dollar. This led to the revocation of the legal tender status of the U.S. trade dollar.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.