You could earn points ($) to invest in gold and silver when you make this purchase with The Bullion Card from APMEX
|Volume Discount Pricing QuickShip® Eligible
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
All four appear on the obverse and reverse of this 5 oz 99.99% pure silver coin, which presents an elegant retrospective of the Canadian coin effigies of “Elizabeth the Second, by the Grace of God of the United Kingdom, Canada and Her other Realms and Territories Queen, Head of the Commonwealth, Defender of the Faith.”
- Contains 5 oz of .9999 fine silver.
- Limited mintage of only 2,250 coins.
- Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a special commemorative graphic beauty box.
- Obverse: Double dated to commemorate Queen Elizabeth II’s historic reign, the tribute obverse is marked by a Tudor rose and features the same four effigies that grace the coin’s reverse.
- Reverse: The reverse design features the Royal Cypher of Queen Elizabeth II, surrounded by the effigies that have appeared on Canadian coins during her reign (clockwise from the right): the 2003-2022 effigy Susanna Blunt; the 1990-2002 effigy by Dora de Pédery-Hunt; the 1965-1989 effigy by Arnold Machin; and the 1953-1964 effigy by Mary Gillick. Behind the effigies are symbols representing Canada (the maple leaf) and the United Kingdom (the shamrock for Ireland, the thistle for Scotland, the Tudor rose for England and the daffodil for Wales), entwined with acanthus leaves.
- Guaranteed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Protect your silver in storage from the adverse effects of moisture in the air by adding these silica gel packets to your order.
Four historic effigies are featured on both sides of this 5 oz tribute. Add this 2022 Canada Silver Queen Elizabeth II's Reign coin your cart today!
Portraits of change: The effigies of Queen Elizabeth II
- It was the youthful laureate effigy by Mary Gillick that graced our pocket change in the early years of Queen Elizabeth II’s reign, in a time when Canada’s peacekeeping reputation was first forged.
- The second portrait, the tiara effigy by Arnold Machin, is the one that graced our coins when we adopted the maple leaf flag (1965); when we celebrated Canada’s centennial (1967); and when we welcomed Olympic athletes to Montreal (1976).
- The stately diademed effigy by Dora de Pédery-Hunt—the first by a Canadian artist—reflected a refined sovereign, one who had grown and matured alongside Canada, even as the national map was redrawn to include Nunavut in 1999.
- The uncrowned effigy by Susanna Blunt is ultimately the final portrait. It is a more modern representation of a monarch who, in her own words, had been “a witness to this country for more than half its history since Confederation,” and whose commitment to service and to Canada never wavered.
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.