- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- This is first Two Dollar Legal Tender notes to be issued by the United States after the Civil War.
- Housed in an archival quality currency sleeve.
- A decent note in Fine condition.
- Face: Large portrait of Thomas Jefferson, 3rd President of the United States with a vignette of the U.S. Capitol at center.
- Back: Ornately engraved with the denomination in three locations, and the obligation at right.
- Series of 1869 $2 United States Legal Tender Note features a large red treasury seal.
- Allison/Spinner signatures—Friedberg #42.
This series has become a favorite with collectors due to the colorful fronts which gives these their nickname of "Rainbow Notes". Add one of these classics to your cart today!
This note has seen moderate wear, but is intact without the usual distraction typical of these early U.S. paper money issues.
The necessity of financing military operations during the Civil War forced the federal government to print paper money.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.