2014 Niue 1 oz Silver Black Rhinoceros Proof
Rollover to Zoom
Your purchase will match the quality of the product shown.
Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
This coin is the second release in the “Endangered Species” coin series by the New Zealand Mint. Only 2,000 Black Rhino coins are being minted by the New Zealand Mint.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coin comes packaged inside a crate-shaped inner coin case, which sits inside a rhino-skin textured outer packaging.
- Obverse: Features the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: An endangered Black Rhinoceros dips its head to drink from a watering hole.
In the early 20th century the Black Rhinoceros, Diceros bicornis, was the most plentiful of all Rhino species across the African continent. Between 1970 and 1992, their numbers were severely reduced by over 95% due to organized poaching and black market demand for their horns. By 1993, only 2,300 survived in the wild. Intensive anti-poaching efforts over recent years have had encouraging results. However, the increase in numbers is slow. In 2013, the International Union for Conservation of Nature estimated that approximately 5,055 Black Rhinoceros lived in Eastern and Central Africa.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:HL INC
Date:Aug 1, 2014
I bought this coin for my collection, it was hard to find this coin from other coin dealers. It is a coin that with will be hard to find in the years to come.
- Mint Condition
- Value (low premium over spot)
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Recognized Brand
- Attractive Design
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.