This Silver Kookaburra from the Perth Mint is graded a perfect First Strike MS-70 by PCGS and comes in the APMEXclusive® Kook Label Holder from PCGS. Mintages of Kookaburra bullion coins are around 500,000 each year and are popular for collectors.
However, these MS-70 PCGS First Strike coins have a much lower population than the raw coins, with only 553 MS-70 First Strike coins in the exclusive Kook label. Typical populations for perfect MS-70 Kookaburras are less than 1,500 coins of each year.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- First Strike designation guarantees your coin was struck in the first 30 days of being released.
- PCGS encapsulation guarantees and protects the perfect MS-70 condition of your coin.
- Obverse: Bears the Ian Rank-Broadley effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II.
- Reverse: Depicts two Kookaburras perched on a wooden fence. Exquisite quality is shown in this design, as the individual detail in the feathers as well as the old wooden fence bring this image to life.
- Sovereign Silver coin backed by the Australian government.
Learn more about the Escape to Australia Sweepstakes today.
Protect and display your Silver Kookaburra in style by adding an attractive display or gift box to your order.
The 2017 Silver Kookaburra not only features a gorgeous design, they are also produced in limited mintages creating a great collectible opportunity. Add the 2017 1 oz Silver Kookaburra graded MS-70 First Strike by PCGS to your cart today!
The Australian Silver Kookaburra series from the Perth Mint began in 1990 and is the longest-running bullion program from the mint. Each year has a different design of a kookaburra on the reverse.
The laughing Kookaburra is the largest member of the kingfisher species, and a bird synonymous with the Australian bush. This bird species is indigenous to Australia and is known for their call, which is said to sound like echoing human laughter.
Not only are designs changed on the bullion coins each year, the Proof designs vary each year as well! Historically, the mintage of each 1 oz bullion Silver Kookaburra coin has been a maximum of 300,000 coins. However, in 2011 the maximum mintage was moved to 500,000 coins to accommodate the very high demand for this series. Compared to other Silver bullion coin series, this mintage is still very small and has helped ensure the collectibility of each coin.