- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® Premier coin to ensure the authenticity and condition after the coins are removed directly from the mint boxes. Each coin is placed in a protective, non-reactive plastic polymer authentication card to protect your coin’s finish. This process seals the coin within the card, creating a tamper-evident package that guarantees your investment indefinitely. Learn more about the tamper-evident process here.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Packaged in RF-welded plastic polymer case (2 1/2" x 3 1/4"), protecting the coin's finish, with included authentication card.
- Multiples of 10 are housed in a 10-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (5” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- Multiples of 20 are housed in a 20-Count APMEX® MintDirect® Singles storage box (10” x 2 5/8” x 3 1/2”).
- APMEX® storage boxes hold MintDirect® or MintDirect® Premier TEP Singles and are stackable with other APMEX® Mini Monster Boxes and the APMEX® Monster Box.
- The first Britannia to feature The Royal Mint's new guilloché obverse design.
- Obverse: Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, along with the face value of 2 pounds.
- Reverse: Features the internationally recognized figure of Britannia standing firm against a powerful gale. Her image has symbolized Britain’s strength and integrity on coinage since Roman times.
- Sovereign coin backed by the British government.
Secure your Silver Britannia by adding an attractive display box to your order.
This 2018 Silver Britannia coin would be a great addition to any bullion collection or an ideal gift for a loved one. Add this 2018 1 oz Silver Britannia to your cart today!
Each year, The The Royal Mint introduces coins with the new year's date on them. New dies are engraved, prepared and deployed to strike the coins for each year.
The coin dies wear down over thousands of strikes, causing the details of the engraved die that transfers to the newly struck coin to flatten, diminishing the quality of the finished coin below standards. At this point, the dies are replaced. For each minting press, new dies may be required multiple times each year.
Once the new dies are installed, the strike quality (the detail transferred to the newly struck coin) returns to its maximum. There is no public notice that dies are changed, and each minting press changes dies at different times required by die wear.
Because each new year brings new dies, APMEX has designated all products delivered by The The Royal Mint during the first 30 days of their issuance that go through the MintDirect® process as MintDirect® Premier.
APMEX individually seals each MintDirect® Premier coin to ensure that the authenticity and condition of each coin is protected after they are removed directly from the mint tubes. Each coin is placed in a protective authentication card composed of a non-reactive plastic polymer to protect your coin’s finish.
The sealing process seals the coin within the authentication card, creating a tamper-evident package that will guarantee your investment indefinitely. If the tamper-evident package has been opened in any way, you will know it. After the process is completed, the coin in the tamper-evident package is removed from the machine and checked to ensure that the quality of the packaging meets our exacting standards. You now have a finished 2018 1 oz Silver Britannia MintDirect® Premier Single.
By using this process, APMEX can guarantee that the coins you receive are authentic and in the exact condition as they were when they left The The Royal Mint. The MintDirect® process gives investors confidence in their purchase, knowing that they can buy, hold or sell an authentic coin — guaranteed.
Note: The MintDirect® process does not guarantee protection from spotting or tarnishing that normally occurs in chemically active metals, such as Gold, Silver and Platinum.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Apr 20, 2020
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.