- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- These $5.00 Red Seals were issued beginning in 1963.
- Notes will be housed in archival quality currency sleeves.
- Lightly circulated Extra Fine notes from series 1963.
- Face: A portrait of President Abraham Lincoln.
- Back: An engraving of the Lincoln Memorial.
Add some of these nice notes to your cart today!
Granahan/Dillon signatures—Friedberg #1536.
United States Notes were adopted for circulation during the Civil War in 1862 in denominations from One through One Thousand Dollars. The $5 denomination remained when we switched over to small size notes in 1928 and continued until the early 1960s when the denomination was discontinued. Although they are still legal tender, their red seals and serial numbers and competitive prices make them great collectors items.
In addition, their original printing of just over 63 million is small by today's standards! These notes are a great part of history that can easily be added to any collection.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.