- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
- Mintage of 100,000 coins.
- Contains 1 oz of fine Silver.
- Coins come individually packaged in protective plastic and quantities of 20 or more are packaged in tubes of 20. Each monster box contains 500 coins.
- Obverse: Features a crusader on horseback, part of Leopold's crusade along with the year, weight and face value.
- Reverse: The reverse features the ‘King of Thieves’.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian government.
Collect the entire series which would be a fantastic addition to any historic collection. Add this 2019 Silver 825th Anniversary of the Austrian Mint Robin Hood coin to your cart today!
Robin Hood, the subject of the third and final coin in the series, is the hero of numerous ballads dating from the late Middle Ages and early modern period. Over the centuries, his portrayal evolved from an outlaw into the righteous character who stole from the rich to give to the poor. It was Sir Walter Scott’s novel Ivanhoe, published in 1820, which forged the classic Robin Hood myth that prevails today.
Whether Robin Hood really existed is uncertain. What is clearer, however, is that the taxation imposed on the people of England in order to raise the huge ransom paid to Austria for the release of King Richard caused violent social unrest in the country, which historians believe led to the origin of the legend of Robin Hood.
80% of reviewers recommend this product
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.