- Product Details
- Sell to Us
- Contains 1/4 oz of Copper.
- Coin will come in protective plastic.
- Mintage of 200,000 coins.
- Obverse: Depicts the coat of arms of the nine federal provinces of Austria.
- Reverse: In Eisenmenger’s frieze, the youthful Apollo floats above the audience, no doubt buoyed by all the beauty he has witnessed over the past century and a half. The coin motif shows him, lyre in hand, a toga covering his lower body. In the background, the famous organ of the Golden Hall can be seen.
- Guaranteed by the Austrian government.
This coin is a fantastic New Year's addition to any collection. Add this 2020 Austria Copper €5 New Year's 150th Anniversary Musikverein coin to your cart today!
Considered one of the finest concert halls in the world, the Musikverein was designed by Danish architect Theophil Hansen in the Neoclassical style of an ancient Greek temple. The building was inaugurated on 6 January 1870, when the first night audience was captivated by the combination of its architectural and acoustic beauty. However, the legendary sound of the Golden Hall is not the product of scientific precision but of fortuitous happenstance, as Hansen had to rely on his intuition rather than on studies of architectural acoustics. Fortunately, the wonderful architecture resulted in sublime sound. The image of the god of music and dance is taken from a frieze, designed by August Eisenmenger (1830-1907), found on the ceiling of the Golden Hall of the Musikverein, the spiritual home of classical music in the Austrian capital.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.