- Product Details
- Sell Gold to Us
This set includes two 1/2 oz Gold coins and is the first release in the Guardian of the Ocean series. This set has a mintage of only 150.
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Gold.
- Set has two .5 oz Gold coins.
- Each coin is presented in a luxury case with a certificate of authenticity.
- Worldwide mintage of 150 coins.
- Obverse: Portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, the year and "New Zealand."
- Reverse: The puhoro motif surrounds Tangaroa, who has the ability to control the tides and waves, as well as his strength and power as guardian of the seas and waterways. The puhoro design traditionally refers to speed and agility, depicting the cutting or rippling effect of the water or waves when a waka (canoe) travels. The sea creatures within the design represent the many stories, traditions and lineage of Tangaroa, including the tohora or whale.
- Sovereign coin backed by the New Zealand government.
Handle your coins with care by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
Don't miss out on this amazing set, the first in the series. Add this unique Gold set to your cart today!
Tangaroa - Guardian of the Ocean
Tangaroa is a deity described in Maori traditions as the kaitiaki (guardian) of all oceans and waters. He is one of the children of Ranginui (the sky father) and Papatuanuku (the earth mother), from whom life originates. This set was design by Maori artists Kaaterina and Tai Kerekere.
New Zealand Post
Along with the Reserve Bank of New Zealand, the New Zealand Post is the sole issue for all New Zealand legal tender coins. The mint does not product coins but sources out to some of the most recognized mints in the world.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.