Currently Out of Stock
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Each zodiac animal gets a chance to shine on these precious keepsakes, which are issued annually to commemorate the start of a new lunar year. A new Lunar Year series begins in 2022 with this 1 oz fine Silver coin! Those born in the year of the Tiger are charming, confident and courageous – they’re natural leaders and they love adventure. Tigers are also known to pounce on their work because they like to get things done; this often leads to success, and a wish for future prosperity is exactly what the cloth tiger on this coin conveys!
- Contains 1 oz of .9999 fine Silver.
- Your beautiful coin is presented in a red outer beauty box, evoking the Chinese New Year custom of gifting “lucky money” in a red envelope.
- Mintage of 18,888 coins.
- Obverse: Right-facing profile of Queen Elizabeth II, along with the year and face value.
- Reverse: To mark the Year of the Tiger, the reverse design by Canadian artist Lily Kao features a stylized depiction of a cloth tiger, a popular form of Chinese folk art that carries a wish for prosperity. This Tiger is a symbol of courage and power, and it is also intended to ward off evil. Its big eyes, grinning mouth and prominent head give it an air of innocence and playfulness, while the markings on its forehead form the Chinese character for “King”. The reverse also includes the Chinese character for “Tiger”, the word “CANADA”, the year “2022” and the face value, “15 DOLLARS”.
- Sovereign coin backed by the Royal Canadian Mint.
Lunar coins are popular around the world for their unique designs. Add this 2022 Silver $15 Lunar Year of the Tiger coin to your cart today!
The Royal Canadian Mint
Since 1908, the Royal Canadian Mint has been a world leader in producing high-quality coins. They are most well known for the Silver and Gold Maple Leaf coins, but they have also produced numerous award-winning coins and are one of the most innovative mints in the world. The RCM releases new, high-quality coins every month. Browse new and upcoming Royal Canadian Mint products frequently to see updates.
Not yet rated. Be the first to Write a Review
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.