|Volume Discount Pricing|
- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Today, the original coins are considered highly collectible, very scarce and command a very high premium. Shop our entire collection of Dragon Dollar Restrikes.
- Contains 32.15 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Mintage of only 100 coins worldwide.
- Individual coins comes housed in a box along with a certificate of authenticity.
- Fourth release in an 8-coin series featuring China's most valuable vintage coins.
- Obverse: Depicts a distinct, new-style dragon with extremely long whiskers and the denomination "ONE DOLLAR" below in small English characters.
- Reverse: Four Manchu characters above central circle, with floral designs at sides and date (3rd year of Hsuen Tung) below. In the center are four Hanzi characters meaning "Silver coin of the great Qing Dynasty."
- Minted in Shanghai.
Protect your Silver Dragon Dollar Restrike coin from fingerprints by adding these cotton gloves to your order.
This Silver restrike is loved around the world for its classic design. Add the 2022 China Kilo Silver Long-Whiskered Dollar Restrike to your cart today!
Silver Dragon coins, also known as Dragon Dollars, were Silver coins issued by China, Japan and later Korea for general circulation. A serpentine dragon was featured on the obverse of the Japanese and Korean issues, and was featured on the reverse of Chinese issues. It was originally inspired by the Silver Spanish dollar, which had set the standard for a de facto common currency for trade in the Far East following its introduction into the region in the 16th century. Specifications of these coins had a weight of 27.22 grams and a fineness of .900; the coin thus contained 24.5 g (0.7876 troy oz) of Silver.
Coins that were produced in China of this type are known Kwangtung dollars from the old Romanization of the name of the mint where they were first produced. More popularly they are known in Chinese as "Dragon Silver" or "Dragon Money," capable of being read as both Silver and/or money.
Little Known Fact
The first Chinese Silver Panda coins were of the traditional specification of 27 grams in weight and 0.900 fineness, modeled after the Dragon Dollars.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Posted By:E-town Chas.
Date:Jul 26, 2022
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.