- Product Details
- Sell Silver to Us
Today, the original coins are considered highly collectible, very scarce and command a very high premium.
- Mintage of only 5,000 coins worldwide.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Individual coins come in a capsule.
- Fourth release in an 8 coin series featuring China's most valuable vintage coins.
- Obverse: Depicts a distinct, new-style dragon with extremely long whiskers and the denomination "ONE DOLLAR" below in small English characters.
- Reverse: Four Manchu characters above central circle, with floral designs at sides and date (3rd year of Hsuen Tung) below, in the center are four Hanzi characters saying "Silver Coin of the great Qing Dynasty".
- For the first time ever, a Chinese mint laser etched the year, weight and purity on the rim of the coin.
- Minted in Shanghai.
This Silver PU (Premium Uncirculated) restrike is loved around the world for its 1 oz metal content and classic design. Add the 2019 China 1 oz Silver Dragon Restrike to your cart today!
Silver Dragon coins, also sometimes known as Dragon dollars, were Silver coins issued by China, Japan and later Korea for general circulation in their own countries.
A dragon was featured on the obverse of the Japanese and Korean issues while on the dragon was featured on the reverse of Chinese issues. These dragon dollars were all originally inspired by the Silver Spanish dollar which following its introduction into the region in the 16th Century had set the standard for a de facto common currency for trade in the Far East, this specification being a weight of 27.22 grams and a fineness of .900; the coin thus contained 24.5 g (0.7876 troy oz) of Silver.
Chinese coins of this type are known Kwangtung dollars from the old Romanization of the name of the mint that they were first produced in China, more popularly they are known in Chinese as, "Dragon Silver" or "Dragon Money," capable of being read as both Silver or money.
Little known fact; The first Chinese Silver Panda coins were of the traditional specification of 27 grams in weight, 0.900 fineness, which were modeled after the Dragon Dollars.
100% of reviewers recommend this product
Date:Jul 10, 2019
I think this is the most impressive of this RESTRIKE series so far. The detail on these coins is excellent. I ordered 7 of these and all look excellent except one case cover was cracked but that appears to be from the mint since there was no damage to the outer plastic cover. It just goes to show those mints aren't perfect, wish a mistake was on my coin which would have made it more valuable.
- Attractive Design
- Collectible (lower mintage)
- Easy to Sell
- Mint Condition
We provide all of our customers with a refund, return and / or exchange on everything we sell including all bullion and certified coins. If for any reason, you have a problem, please feel free to call us. We will always do our best to accommodate you.